- There are two kinds of people, those who
finish what they start, and others.
- ~ Robert Byrne ~
- If all you want is security, you may become
more afraid of life than death.
- ~ James F. Byrnes ~
- The best way to escape from your problem is
to solve it.
- ~ Robert Anthony ~
- Positive anything is better than negative
- ~ Elbert Hubbard ~
- There are no insoluble problems. Only
- ~ James A. Michener ~
- Big shots are only little shots who kept
- ~ Christopher Morley ~
- Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
- ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau ~
- The "difficult" can be done
immediately; The "impossible" takes a little longer.
- ~ George Santayana ~
- Take a risk; you can't steal second with
your foot on first-base.
- ~ Fredrick Wilcox ~
- All mankind is divided into three classes:
those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.
- ~ Arabian Proverb ~
- Life is not lost by dying; life is lost
minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring
- ~ Stephen Vincent Benét ~
- The man who insists upon seeing with perfect
clearness before he decides, never decides. Accept life, and you must
- ~ Henri-Frédéric Amiel ~ 1856
- Consider the postage stamp, my son. It
secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets
- ~ Josh Billings ~
- There are two ways of meeting difficulties:
you alter the difficulties - - or you alter yourself.
- ~ Phyllis Bottome ~
- To win without risk is to triumph without
- ~ Pierre Corneille ~
- You may be deceived if you trust too much,
but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.
- ~ Frank Crane ~
- I find the great thing in this world is not
so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
- ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
- There is nothing more dreadful than the
habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that
disintegrates friendships and breaks pleasant relations. It is a thorn
that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
- ~ Buddha ~
- Be daring, be different, be impractical; be
anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision
against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves
of the ordinary.
- ~ Cecil Beaton ~
- When in doubt, make a fool of
yourself. There is a thin line between being brilliantly creative
and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell,
- ~ Cynthia Heimel ~
- Forgiving is not forgetting, it's letting go
of the hurt.